The Kapurthala Central Cooperative Bank Limited: Kapurthala was registered on 16 July 1920.The area of operation of the Bank extends to Kapurthala district. The Bank is one of the first Cooperative Banks in Punjab to whom Reserve Bank of India has issued banking license in 1981 under B.R. Act-1949. The District have 4 tehsils and 5 blocks and 633 inhabited villages. Population as per 2011 census was 8.15 lacs.
The bank has opened 35 branches and 5 extension counters in the area of operation of the bank which are transacting every type of banking business. The branches are managed by branch managers who are of the rank of senior Managers/ Managers/ Asstt. Managers. The Head Office of the bank is controlling office which headed by Managing Director & Distt. Manager. Bank has its own 7 buildings. Audit classification of the bank is ‘A’ class. The bank is maintain this status since 1980.